Right here is the scenario because it stands on Sunday, October 9.
- Site visitors has resumed on Russia’s road-and-rail bridge to Crimea hours after an enormous explosion partially broken the bridge – which is a significant provide route for Moscow’s armed forces in southern Ukraine.
- Shelling within the southeastern Ukrainian metropolis of Zaporizhzhia has killed a dozen individuals, in accordance with Ukrainian officers.
- Ukrainian troops are concerned in very robust preventing close to the strategically necessary japanese city of Bakhmut, which Russia is making an attempt to take, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has stated.
- Russia’s defence ministry has named Air Pressure Common Sergei Surovikin as the general commander of Russian forces preventing in Ukraine, Moscow’s third senior army appointment in per week.
- Shelling has minimize energy to Ukraine’s Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, which wants cooling to keep away from a meltdown, forcing it to modify to emergency mills, in accordance with Ukraine’s state nuclear firm and the United Nations atomic watchdog.
- Ukraine’s economic system has shrank an estimated 30 % within the first three quarters of 2022 from the identical interval in 2021, with dangerous harvest climate compounding the affect of the warfare, in accordance with the economic system ministry.
- Ukraine’s exports jumped 23 % month-on-month in September apparently with the optimistic impact of an internationally brokered deal permitting Black Sea grain shipments.
- German defence minister Christine Lambrecht has stated that NATO should do extra to guard itself in opposition to Russia and Putin as a result of they “can not understand how far Putin’s delusions of grandeur can go”.
- Hong Kong may harm its fame as a monetary hub if it offers haven to sanctions dodgers, a US State Division spokesperson advised the AFP information company, after town stated it could not act in opposition to a superyacht reportedly owned by a Kremlin ally.