International Rescue Committee Jobs Senior Specialist M&E Technology:
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Position: Senior Specialist – M&E Technology
Job Overview/Summary: Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E in the Asia region. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.
- Deployment of technologies for data collection
- Undertaking technology needs assessments for IRC programs.
- Designing and implementing project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools.
- Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools.
- Ensuring data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools.
- Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices.
- System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners.
- Supporting data management, analysis and visualization
- Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
- Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards.
- Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases.
- Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data into standard data structures.
- Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team
- Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment.
- Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools.
- Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including with technology tools used in humanitarian/development industry.
- Proven experience in configuring and deploying technological platforms including CommCare, Kobo Collect, PowerBI, SQL Server and/or Power Apps.
- Experience providing technology support to clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in database design.
- Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building.
- Able to work independently and efficiently in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English with the capacity to work in another IRC Asia language (Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Bengali, Burmese or Thai) an advantage.
- Experience working in humanitarian development, government or other organization that focus on serving clients with technology.
- Experience of requirements analysis.
- Experience of participating in User Acceptance Testing for new IT systems. Apply