DHL Global Forwarding Pakistan Pvt Ltd Jobs Head of Ocean Freight:
Organization: DHL Global Forwarding Pakistan Pvt Ltd
Position: Head of Ocean Freight
Job Location: Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
We are seeking applications for the position of “Head of Ocean Freight”. The person will be responsible for overall management of ocean freight department by handling, controlling and developing the ocean freight (OFR) business activities in accordance with the group business strategy and local business environment.
If this exciting opportunity interests you and you meet the criteria below, please apply.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead planning and implementation of ocean freight plans, measures and budgets to achieve operational results driving profitability, volume growth, and service expansion.
- Define effective pricing strategies to sustain profitable growth, and guide identification and implementation of new products within the country and provide input on solution design and service elements.
- Liaise with sales team to support and interact with key customers and provide pricing and margin guidance, support on bids, RFQs, and customer presentations.
- Drive market profiling via customers/competitors research and analysis activities to understand & identify market opportunities and challenges.
- Plan, organize and direct an efficient and effective function.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching.
- Identify and develop potential, sustainable customer relationships.
- Build professional relationship with the Carriers.
- Defines and implements Ocean Freight ISO standards in line with corporate instructions.
- Lead in engagements and strategic customer interfaces with Key Account Contacts.
- Determine department structure, roles and responsibility and performance targets for the function.
- Develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost consciousness.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a relevant field, including 3-5 years of experience at a senior level in freight forwarding industry at multinational or renowned local company.
- Master’s degree is preferred in related field.
- Thorough knowledge of logistics & freight forwarding business and understanding of Product offering & compliant with industry norms.
- Established industry network and presence to nurture business development relationships and opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills, high achievement drive and ability of taking initiative.
- Manage and lead the team through deep knowledge of ocean freight processes and tools.
- Able to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Must have good management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong command over Microsoft Office and other related software.